Monday, April 11, 2011

Tonight's the kind of night.

tonight's the kind of night
when everything could change.
-noah and the whale

I'm a dreamer. I make up stories and situations in my head and imagine myself in them, traipsing through African jungles, visiting orphanages with my husband. My sari trailing the red dust as I bargain in an Indian market. Photographing my experiences - chaos and love and corruption and change. Jumping on jet planes, some sturdier than others. Learning languages by stumbling through conversations with natives. There's so much I want to do in my life. So what's stopping me? Seriously. Can I walk? Yes.

Women's retreat this weekend really taught me to stand on my own two feet again. I'm a dreamer but I'm also adaptable, so much so that I find myself molding into the people around me. I'm my own person, I'm unique, I'm different from everyone around me. God has given me my own special dreams and I can live them out - without anyone else. I can be my own adventurer. But please don't misread this, we need community.

So here we go. I'm sticking my foot out there, somewhere. I don't know what kind of ground it's gonna hit - Jesus, guide my path. I'm going to DO - what, I don't know but I can't be used by God if I refuse to get off my butt because I'm a scared little child.

don't be shy,
be brave little champion.
it's better to live than to hide.

1 comment:

meredith daniel. said...

for we are His workmanship,
created for and in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand,
that we should WALK in them.
ephesians 2.10


dear nmb,
thanks for walking in freedom with me today, and tomorrow, and the next day. may we never forget, and thank God we remembered! here's to remembering, to journaling, to loving and living together. and to walking. in faith.
no more thomas. it's all team dream from here on out.
love,
mbd