Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Fellows will fall in line

Well, after searching on youtube I couldn't find a clip of those two dancing in the gazebo during the storm when they sing Sixteen Going On Seventeen in the Sound of Music and seeing as our tv still isn't set up in the new house, let alone our old VCR, I couldn't put the tape in...so I haven't been able to follow the tradition of watching that scene on your seventeenth birthday. Sad, I know. But, apart from that, my seventeenth birthday was quite fun. This morning my parents gave me the complete Friends series and the DVD The Benchwarmers. [more for me and my brother to share, but i got em on myyy birthday nananananana :P] When we get to Dubai, my mom's gonna buy me a new pair of converse, black ones! And I'm getting a week in Dubai, and I'll be going back every so often so s'all good!
Then we headed to the new house to do more unpacking. Tooootally boring! We hardly got to do anything in my room cuz my a/c unit was leaking so we couldn't move the closet under it cuz it would get wet...so I found this wheel of fortune game my grandad gave me during a trip to Amman so I played that like the whole day :P We did unpack my computer, so hopefully I can plug it in and fix my iPod tomorrow, before we head back to Dubai! Anyways, me and my dad went to go pick up a McDonald's order for 10 [we had packers :P] and when we got back my mom was making a brownie cake so we had that for my birthday. The packers got a real big kick out of it lol. Then more unpacking. My brother got his room almost completely organized, he just needs a closet :P. And like 20 minutes before we were gonna come back to the hotel, my mom and I FINALLY found all my piano books after looking like the whole day...and we had already looked in that box *rolls eyes* so I finally got to play a proper song on the piano after like two months!!! =S
Well, then we got back to the hotel and went to the asian restaurant for a teppanyaki dinner. Twas so fun, our chef was quite hilarious. And they gave us random kimonos to wear, cuz we were at the teppanyaki table so we're all special. Only I had the guts to wear it. My mom only wore it cuz I made her wear it cuz I didn't wanna wear it alone haha. The one she had on was a realllly nice shade of purple. I had a red one on. I wanted to buy the purple one, cuz you could buy them, it was reallly pretty and my parents said it was okay...and then we asked for the price and we all quickly changed our minds. 500 rials [500 dhs] for that! And it wasn't even real silk! So I got to wear a 500rial worth kimono for a couple of hours :P Then, you know, they have to bring out a cake. And the band from the Mexican restaurant came to sing for me. Haha, they're like my friends now :P We've eaten at the Mex. restaurant I think twice now, and both times my dad and I are always the ones to start up the applause :P

So all in all, twas a pretty fun birthday :]
And it's gonna be soo much more fun when I late celebrate it with everyone back in Dubai!!!
Just one and a half more days till I see everyone again!!!
<3

1 comment:

Cait said...

I like the drawing writing mixup thing!

And I'm glad you did have a fun birthday :)
Hope you're able to fix the iPod and everything.
Guess what? I just realised I'M "16 going on 17..." =D