Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Family

Whenever I use the word family, it is loosely defined. Over the years, family has come to mean so much more than the mere blood that runs in our veins. It is still defined by blood, but by the blood of Christ. Friends are the family you choose, but I think they were chosen for me.

Family is who sticks with you no matter what, no matter where.

I've come to understand that I've taken my family for granted, like I do with so much else. I've only realized it this past year and change when I've been living halfway across the world. I guess that's normal though, what is that saying? "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"? I kind of hate that saying, but I guess it holds true to some degree.

Right now time difference sucks. Eight hours and soon to be nine.

Story of my life.
Doesn't make it any easier, though.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Story of your life? And what story of your life is that Tach?
The story where you have seen what family truly is... the fact that you have family all over the world... the fact that wherever you may be on any given day you have family all over the world who share the greatest love of all...
That's some story Tach, that's some life

Natacha B said...

You make me sound like a jerk.

To quote Jon Foreman, "if it doesn't break your heart, it isn't love/if it doesn't break your heart, it's not enough"

So even while I complain, I know I'm blessed and it's because I can complain that I see what blessings God has given me. Isn't that odd?