Sunday, October 3, 2010

Psalm

I have sincerely missed writing, and I am so thankful and glad that God is giving me inspiration again.

---

Lord, only You will ever know my heart,
try as I might to share it,
try as I might to give it away.
Lord, only You will ever have my heart,
as much as I want to keep it.
It was never mine to begin with.

You spoke life into my very soul.
You drew every dream I've ever seen.
Every good and perfect thing has come from you.
Even I, as imperfect and scarred as I am.
I have been made holy and fully righteous in Your eyes,
by bloodshed that I made necessary.
After all of this, I still choose the world over You.

My sheer stupidity astounds me,
but what astounds me far more is You.
You, in all Your perfection and goodness.
You, who chose to rescue me from the deep
for no other reason than pure and honest love.
Oh, how I might give that back to You.
You, who watches over me even when I am sleeping.
You, who has set me free from all my fears.
How can I have fear when I have You, Lord?
You, awesome in power, mighty in strength,
the One who wipes our tears away.
It is all because of You,
there is no other purpose in this life,
but You.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

is this the one you wrote at Dive Deep?

Natacha B said...

Yep.