Saturday, December 11, 2010

11/29/10

the world's moving too fast;
let me climb back under the covers for a while,
i'll hibernate in my fears tonight.

it's so much nicer to stay up here,
feeling like we stand on top of the world,
on top of our problems and on top of our troubles.

won't you stay up here with me,
away from the world we wake up to.

let's build a home in our minds.
i'll hold your hand if it'll help you stay.
and i promise you'll be safe,
under all the blankets no one will see you cry.

won't you stay up here with me?
we can play until the stars come out.
we can play until the sun goes down again.

i'll hold your hand if it'll help you breathe
i'll listen all night just to hear you speak one word.

won't you stay up here with me,
in the world we've created for ourselves.
don't ever tell me to come down.

this world's moving too fast.
so much of reality feels like a dream.
pinch me, wake me, tell me it's okay.

won't you stay up here with me
and hold me as i look over the edge?
you'll hold my hand as i held yours,
my anchor in a raging sea.

No comments: