Thursday, December 2, 2010

Future

QATAR 2022.
and we all thought we'd never have a high school reunion.
---
If I would have to choose one day to spend in Doha, it would be today. Not only would I have gotten to see half the youth group in the musical, but I would've been there for the blaring horns and stopped traffic, crazy locals hanging out of their Land Cruisers pushing 100, trying to pop a wheelie on their quad bikes. I want to see the waving flags, the smiling faces, feel the excitement in the air. I want to be kept up all night because the road in front of our house is packed bumper to bumper with at least three lanes - all going in different directions. This one night I will miss the revving of engines and the loud bass of the passing cars.

---
My hat goes off to you, South Africa. You did the world cup with style. If you could do it, surely Qatar can. Let's see the Middle East united in 2022. Even if it's just over football, at least that's more than they've got now.

No comments: