Wednesday, December 15, 2010

a quiet prison

Sometimes I wish I could literally shut off my brain.
Shut if off so I can go through one day without thinking.
To be free from all the what ifs and lies that spin my head around
What if I...
What if he...
What if she...
What if they...
What if we...

What if it all stopped?

To not have to listen to the voices that echo inside that I'm
not good enough
not strong enough
not worth enough
not special enough

And if I may be so controversial to say that sometimes it's nice to entertain the idea of shutting my brain off to the one voice I yearn to hear, just so I don't have to let Him down.

What a quiet mind that would be.
Free of all of life's complexities.
But would it really be free, or is this just imprisoning it still?


12/15/10

1 comment:

Warrior2801 said...

Tach thanks for sharing. Our minds are sometimes wild and ignorant to actually realize truth that lies RIGHT IN FRONT of us. I'm with you on it...what would a quiet mind entail? Let God and let go...